Mr Big and Lincolnshire Co-op launched My Market Rasen this week with the chance for loyal high street shoppers to WIN £1000 holiday voucher plus £400 in runners-up prizes.
A BIG ‘buy local’ campaign kicked off this Tuesday outside Lincolnshire Co-operative’s Travel Shop in Market Rasen. A loyalty card scheme is being piloted to encourage residents to shop with Market Rasen independents on the high street in the run up to Christmas.10 of Market Rasen’s high st indies have donated a prize of a minimum value of £50 each. Participating independent high street retailers will give customers a sticker for their card when they spend at least £5 in one transaction up until 23rd December.
Lincolnshire Co-op Food Store in Market Rasen is kindly giving out loyalty cards but the stickers are to collected along the high street independents (as well as the Lincolnshire Market Rasen Travel Shop) as the cost of creating enough stickers for the Co-op to take part would be unsupportable and not in keeping with the scheme’s very strong ethos about supporting the high street itself.
In addition 4000 cards are being distributed door to door across LN8, with a further 1000 in the retailers’ shops themselves, so the potential to attract new customers into Market Rasen and encourage more spending from existing customers is strong.
Little Milberry – £50 voucher
Market Rasen Pet Centre – 5 x £10 vouchers
Greens Of Lincolnshire – 10 x £15 veg boxes for just £10 each
Rumpelstiltskin Kitchen and Furniture Shop – £50 voucher
Market Rasen Hardware Store – Large Log Basket
The Pink Pod – £50 voucher
Forget Me Not Florist – 2 x £25 voucher
Blue River Jewellery – 5 x £10 voucher
Isn’t She Lovely – 5 x £10 voucher
Lancasters (15 & 47 Queen St) – 1 x £25 voucher for each shop
The generosity of high street retailers is matched with a HUGE 1st prize to be drawn on Christmas Eve outside Lincolnshire Co-operative Travel Shop in Market Rasen, giving one lucky shopper the ultimate Christmas gift of £1000 holiday from Lincolnshire Co-op who have donated £500 matched by Mr Big.
The runners-up prizes will be drawn by each of the retailers in their high street stores on Christmas Eve morning, creating a real buzz of excitement along the high street at this magical time.
Mr Big Director Sarah Lamballe told us, “We were thrilled that Ursula Lidbetter, now Chairman of the Co-operative Group, warmly received the idea we put to Wayne Dennet and has given us her full support by backing the idea with very generous sponsorship which shows how important it is to recognise the value of ‘local shopping’ at the heart of any community.”
Sarah added “This is just the beginning of MY MARKET RASEN which we hope to develop in 2014
with all our retailers and service providers coming on board to excite residents and visitors with unique special offers”.
Mr Big would like to thank Lincolnshire Co-operative with special mentions to Ursula Lidbetter, Wayne Dennett, Chris Cocking and Amanda Chesson for their huge positivity and support.
We’d also like to thank Leesa of Little Milberry, Bridget of Market Rasen Pet Centre, Maria of Greens of Lincolnshire, Colin of Rumplestiltskin, Ken and Sue of Market Rasen Hardware, Anna of The Pink Pod, Richard and Gill of Forget Me Not Florist, Wendy of Blue River Jewellery, Maria of Isn’t She Lovely and Richard of Lancasters for being early adopters of ‘My Market Rasen’ and we’d love to hear from any of our other high street retailers who would like to join in future ideas for 2014.
These terms and conditions govern your participation in the My Market Rasen Christmas Loyalty Card Scheme.
By taking part in the My Market Rasen loyalty scheme you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions. My Market Rasen may refuse an application for any good reason. If you wish to do so, please print and retain a copy of these Terms for your reference.
1. Subject to these Terms, a completed My Market Rasen Loyalty Card entitles the bearer (you) entry into the prize draw.
2. To claim a sticker you must show your Loyalty Card: at the till point of the participating shop when making a purchase of £5 or more with a maximum of 2 stickers per transaction.
3. The closing date for the prize draw is 5pm on the 23rd of December, any cards submitted after this point will not be entered into the prize draw.
4. There will be one winner who will win a £1,000 holiday voucher. There will be …. Winners who will win the runners up prizes which are listed on the My Market Rasen Loyalty Card.
5. Prizes will be awarded to entries picked at random by an independent person on the 24th December at 10am, the 23rd of December is the last day in which completed cards can be handed in to participating retailers.
6. Each winner will be contacted by telephone within 21 days of, and receive their prize by going into the participating retailer no later than 28 days after, the Prize Draw Date.
7. If a winner for a Draw Period cannot be contacted using reasonable efforts within 21 days from the Prize Draw Date for that Draw Period, then an alternative winner will be drawn from the entries.
8. The prizes must be accepted as offered. There is no cash alternative. Market Rasen Business Improvement Group reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable.
9. The result of the prize draws is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The name will be available on request to all entrants in the prize draws by sending a stamp addressed envelope to Market Rasen Business Improvement Group, 27 Newton House, Market Place, Market Rasen, LN8 3HL and may be posted online.
11. Each winner may be required to participate in reasonable press or PR activity related to the prize draw as notified by us.
12. All entrants to the prize draw will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
13. No responsibility is accepted for entries, which fail to be properly submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means will be rejected.
14. The My Market Rasen Loyalty Card has no cash redemption value.
15. The list of participating shops is published on the Market Rasen Guide website. My Market Rasen reserves the right to amend the list of participating shops at any time and will give notice of changes via www.marketrasenguide.co.uk.
16. The My Market Rasen Loyalty Card remains the property of Market Rasen Business Improvement Group at all times. Market Rasen Business Improvement Group reserves the right at any time to: a. alter these Terms b. withdraw the Loyalty Scheme and/or an individual’s My Market Rasen Loyalty Card.
17. Market Rasen Business Improvement Group may take any action it considers appropriate, including withdrawing an individual’s My Market Rasen Loyalty Card, if it has reason to believe that an individual is abusing the Scheme or is in breach of these Terms.
18. Each participating shop reserves the right to withdraw from the Scheme at any time.
19. My Market Rasen Loyalty Card is not responsible, and shall not be held liable, for products and services offered and sold by participating shops. Products and services are offered according to that shop’s own terms and conditions.
20. Stickers are only available for purchases made in the outlet of participating shops and are not available via their respective websites.
21. A copy of these Terms can be found at www.marketrasenguide.co.uk. In some cases, individual participating shops may have their own additional terms & conditions in relation to the Scheme, which also form part of these Terms.
22. By handing in your full loyalty card consent Market Rasen Business Improvement Group contacting you, including via email, to tell you about other events, promotions and activities in the Market Rasen area. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
23. Market Rasen Business Improvement Group will not pass on your personal information to third parties, except as may be required for the purposes of administering the Scheme.
24. The My Market Rasen Loyalty Card is promoted by Market Rasen Business Improvement Group, company number 08171841. Registered address Newland House, The Point, Weaver Road, Lincoln, LN6 3QN.
25. If you wish to contact Market Rasen Business Improvement Group for any reason please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If a My Market Rasen Loyalty Card is found it should be returned to 27 Newton House, Market Rasen, LN8 3HL.
26. These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.