In just 3 weeks time, Market Rasen becomes an Art Gallery from 2 Feb-2 Mar for our Arts council funded ‘Plank 2013′ Festival!
Arts and crafts workshops will be held throughout the month, as well as diverse exhibitions by independent designer/makers from Lincolnshire displayed in a range of unusual places and spaces including our high street.
As seen in our previous post the Plank 2013 Arts and Crafts Festival will be a celebration of Market Rasen’s assets and qualities, namely: our markets, racecourse, beautiful countryside, golf course, shops, woodland, biking and hiking routes, train station and our heritage and architecture. We are looking to involve the whole community.
Call for workshop submissions – can you host an innovative workshop?
We are seeking proposals from artists in the Lincolnshire area, for half day workshops (of 2 ½ hours each). The workshops will have an emphasis on community participation and will be as accessible and inclusive as possible to all ages and abilities. Proposals across all art forms will be considered. Artists must have current CRB, £5m public liability insurance. Priority will be given to those artists who have previous experience of working in a community setting.
We are encouraging volunteers and emerging artists to help / shadow our workshop artists which will be an extra pair of hands for you as well as valuable experience for the person involved.
As we are topping up funding with corporate sponsporship there will be a large number of workshops available so you may apply for as many as you wish but all must have their own focus with no follow-on workshops accepted. The aim is to provide as many people as possible with a ‘taste’ of a new art experience. All workshops will take place in under-utilised community venues so some flexibility may be required by the artist.
Artist fee: Up to £200 a day/£100 half day + travel @ 25p a mile (please state your fee on application and whether inclusive of travel/materials)
– Email submissions preferred to the Town Centre Manager, Nicola Marshall at: email@example.com
– Or by post to: Nicola Marshall, Town Centre Manager, Market Rasen Business Improvement Group, 27 Market Place, Market Rasen, LN8 3HL
– APPLICATION DEADLINE: Midnight Sunday 20 January 2013
Applications should include:
– A maximum of 6 images that are representative of your work (or links to websites)
– Any specific requirements ie: power, performance space preferred, materials etc
– Up to 500 words about you and your work/experience and an outline of your proposal for ‘Plank 2013’ community arts workshops
– Links to websites, videos etc.
– A copy of your CRB and public liability insurance
– The names of 2 referees (these will only be contacted if you are short listed)
ALL IN ONE PDF DOCUMENT PLEASE
You will be notified if you have been short listed by: Friday 25 January
A mutually agreeable date will be arranged for interview (but must be between 28 Jan & 1 Feb) and travel will be paid @ 25p a mile
We very much look forward to receiving your proposals, all applicants will be notified whether or not they are short listed and feedback readily given if required.